Monday 11 October 2010

Chestnuts

Two weeks ago we went to a little town called Piamaggio. It's located around the mountain close to Firenze..(not that close actually). It was already month of October.. so sometimes can be windy and chilly. Anyway..we went there to visit "gli zii" which are aunty and uncle from my husband side. But to make the visit doesn't sound like an obligation..so we said we're going for the chestnuts picking.
It was my first time doing that kind of activity. Nor that I crazy about it. Maybe I won't go next year. I'm not a mountain "Heidi" kind of girl. I caught flu after that though.
But..but..but.... apart from that flu.. I was actually enjoyed it.
We went by car first ..park our car on the side of the forest which full of Chestnuts trees and if you walk more deeper you may lucky enough to find mushrooms. We met few peoples went there for mushrooms picking. Need some knowledges though about mushrooms if you want to pick them. Otherwise you end up poisoned in the hospital ;D
We walked not that far from the car parked. Under some tree..mu husband said.."hey..there are alots of them here".
"where"? I said..bcoz I didn't see any chestnuts on the ground.
Then my husband show me with his feet how to open chestnuts from it shell. The shell is quite sharp full of thorn.. I hurt myself many times.. thats why some people use gloves. To cook them ..we prefer roasted. But some people likes to boil them and put some spices..anyhow..I don't know.
oh.. before you roast them.. you may want to slice the skin so they won't explode.
Thats all I can say about the delicacy of Chestnuts.

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure - happy chestnut eating, Darling!
    T x x x

    ReplyDelete