Friday 6 March 2009

Cheese Pound Cake tragedy!

I made this cake the other day for Indonesian meeting (arisan euy!).It was a disaster! the outside was hard and the inside (supposed to be soft n spongy) was uncooked properly. I wanted to cry... Huaaa..why!!??? I follow the instruction alright. And the worse was: i found out that the cake unproperly cook in the morning.
But then I remember I have this instant puff pastry and panna in the fridge. So I bake the plain pastry- filled it with panna mounted mix with cream cheese and garnished with jam. I saved!
puff pastry
NOTE: just have a thought, I tried to whisk the white eggs but i couldnt make it foamy. Might be the cause....
I use this recipe I found on the web (after alteration) : Ingredients : butter (250gr) /package cream cheese, softened (200gr) /sugar (500gr) /6 eggs (separated) /flour (750gr) /baking soda Directions : Preheat oven to 300°F/160 C /Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together /Add eggs one at a time. /Add vanilla and then flour slowly. /Pour into a bundt pan or Tube pan. /Bake for 1 1/2 hours. /IMPORTANT: Do not try and rush by cooking faster in a hotter oven.
PS: If some cake tragedy like this happen to you.. dont throw away the cake! (I know.. I also get pissed off and intent to chuck 'em away). Instead..slices it thin and bake them again (in d oven or grill.. I grilled them though). They will turn into something like a biscotti /cookies. Taste lovely ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment