Wednesday 2 March 2011

Batik Skirt

I made this Indonesian batik skirt for my dear friend the other time. At first I thought is gonna be a thoughtfull project, instead it came as a breeze. I think it easy due to material I am using. The material is cotton with batik pattern on it. This type of skirt, I must admit needs more material than if you choose -A-Line skirt. Worth the fabric though. I put the lining aswell so it won't be see through.
Will be great for summer. I just hope she will enjoy the skirt as much as when I made it.
My mannequin is slimmer than a normal person.. so I need to pin the skirt in order for the skirt to stay there. You may notice that the shape is a bit unbalance for that reason.
The final result... she wore the skirt and kindly took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment